Sunday, February 24, 2008

center of mass

this past week my parents were out of town so my little brother and i stayed in a room at our friend's apartment so that their parents could keep an eye on us. my parents didn't trust us to stay home alone. my little brother found a lolipop in his bag that had been in there for a couple weeks so he tossed it at me and told me to throw it away. i just let it fall to the ground and it stayed there for a few hours. finally i told my brother to throw it away so he said he wanted to try to make a basket from his bed. he didn't make the basket but look where it landed!! (the handle of the drawer). it was so weird because the probability of it landing there is like less than zero and then the probability that it landed perfectly at it's center of mass so that it could balance there is like less than zero too! so i took a picture of it and my brothers like "why would you take a picture of that?" so i told him about the center of mass=) ....the first picture is from his bed to the trash can and the second is of the lolipop and where it freakishly landed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Attention!

kohara said...

weird! i think it's so funny that you went and took a picture of this... something i'd do too!

AmiyaMax said...

How could be the probability be less than zero? Did you mean 'nearly zero'?