Sunday, February 3, 2008




So just like everyone else, my friends and I went to Punahou Carnival this weekend. Most of the pictures I took were standing in the incredibly long lines but I was a able to get a couple on the rides. All the rides I went on were spinny rides (Music Express, Spin Out, the swings, and Tilt-a-Whirl) so centripetal force played a role in all of them especially Music Express. I was sitting on the outside so when we started going super fast my friend Emily and I got forced outwards and I got really squished. Now that I think about it, the swings are exactly like the flying pig in our classoom and the lab we did for it. When we sat in the swings waiting for the ride to start, the chain hung straight down, but when we started to go around in circles, the swings rose and the chains became angled. We also went on the Tilt-a-Whirl, which is what the pictures are from. It was a really sucky ride that just made us dizzy but it was the least expensive one. It was a fun night except for the fact that Pharoah's Fury was closed because of computer problems. That made me sad.

No comments: