Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Maui #2

Alright so my family and I took the Super Ferry to Maui and to be honest it really was not worth it. My family slept the whole time (except for my dad who took pictures of us sleeping) and my mom and little brother got motion sickness. (me in the back, my mom, then thomas and steven in the front)

It would have been much faster to take a plane (because of a higher velocity and a more direct path--less displacement) but by taking the Super Ferry we had the advantage of taking our car with us. Anyway this trip mainly consisted of creating a lot of unneccessary/unwanted displacement. First, the Super Ferry and second, the whole adventure I talked about in my last entry about my dad making us believe he knew his way around Maui. We were staying in a town called Kihei (I think) and we wanted to drive to Lahaina. After my mom got a map and found a direct route my dad insisted that we did not need a map which resulted in driving up and around a mountain. Fortunately despite the wasted gas and the wasted time, we had quite an adventure and i was able to get some pretty good scenic shots. Finally after we took the Super Ferry home after three days the family fun was over.

No comments: