Wednesday, January 2, 2008

maui


mmm so unfortunately it's the last night of winter break and i have not yet written my journal or a previous journal from some weekend a long time ago so i'll be writing 2 tonight. over the break my family went to maui for three days which was really not fun at all. one day my dad insisted that he knew where he was taking us but we ended up driving up and around some random mountain for about an hour and a half. it was really windy VERY narrow road with cars going both directions. every time time we made a turn the dead lei hanging on my mom's rearview mirrow would swing the opposite way we were turning due to centrifugal force. centrifugal force gives a feeling that there is an outward force, so in this case the end of the lei was "fleeing" from the center of the turn our car was making. fortunately we finally made it off the mountain and my dad admitted that he didn't know where we were going. oh and this picture isn't a good action shot of the lei, but it did happen! haha and my mom didn't trust my dad driving up the random mountain so they traded seats.

No comments: